Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sauvie Island Adventures

We went on an adventure yesterday not far from home. It felt far from home because the island is so alive! Sauvie Island is only 10 miles from Downtown Portland. It is the largest river island in the United States. The land area is 20,959 acres which is larger than Manhattan! We pet some animals, bought some organic veggies at Bella Organic, then went on a muddy 8 mile hike to Warrior Rock Lighthouse. The lighthouse is only one of two lighthouses still operating that is not on the Pacific Ocean. I can't say I was happy about this hike beacause we did it barefoot, and I have an issue with mud and creatures being close to my bare feet. Call me weird.. The lighthouse, and beach were beautiful though. I'd love to canoe next time. We did see multiple red-tailed hawks, ospreys, turkey vultures, common sandpipers, a frog, snake, and bald eagle.












And Now for Waynes collection(You can tell we have different styles of photography):










No comments :

Post a Comment