Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dan & Brittney's Engagement Party & Gift Ideas


Last night was my beautiful friend Brittney's engagement party. Her parents spent the whole summer planning to have a backyard karaoke party with fire pits and smores. Turned out that we have had an insane 2 week storm with non-stop wind and rain just in time for their party.. They had to forget their plans and move the party indoors. It was fun though! A bit hard to gather everyone into one room. I bet her parents were stressed, but they did such a good job.. Everything was adorable, and the soon to be bride and groom were happy that their family and friends were all in one place.
I wanted to share what I got Brittney for an engagement gift to give everyone some ideas. I knew I was going to make her "Mr. & Mrs." chair signs. She has been pinning them out of my shop for a while now. I made a mental note to go get a gift bag, and thought.. What the hell. I can make one! I have a few thick canvas bags and my "Always & Forever" design is one of my favorite designs I have made as of yet. With my aunts bridal shower that I previously shared with all of you I got her Redneck Wine Glasses and they were a hit. So I got the couple a set of those (They are getting married in a barn), and 3 chalkboard arrow signs to use on the wedding day! Veuve Clicquot is Wayne and I's celebration beverage of choice.. There had to be champagne and a bridal magazine! My mom makes hand stamped jewelry as a lot of you know. I asked her to stamp 'Bride' & 'Groom' into forks to be used on their wedding day. My mom of course loves to contribute as much as I do. It is a good way to get people to interact about our shops too! The adorable forks are available HERE.

I just wanted to share the gift ideas with all of you in case you are having a hard time finding a good gift. I was pretty impressed with how it all came together and with very little effort. Everyone that saw just the gift bag was in awe. My aunt said (direct quote), "I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND!". Everyone can make simple gifts that make a huge statement, and if you lack creativity or materials.. That's what keeps me and my mom in business!!




4 comments :

  1. These are splendid engagement party gift ideas you shared here! I'm sure that other readers will agree to what I said. Thank you so much for the creative insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had fun putting the gift together, and it was really simple!

      Delete
  2. I luv your engagement party ideas .specially writing bride and groom on spoon these are regular use things like spoon,bag but you make it different with your ideas.I like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My mom makes them, and I know my friend has yet to start getting their wedding details down. So I tried to help get some things together that I have readily available, or easy access to that the average person doesn't. I also wanted to share both of my and my moms links so that everyone can get their own signs, forks, and tote bags!

      Delete